Friday 20 January 2012

Working on my PhD.


I've just had such a funny email from my sister, who is a champion knitter.  She said:  When asked, tell people you are working on your Phd this year. They will show you great respect and you can decide whether to admit it stands for 'Projects Half Done' in knitting parlance.  Hahaha, I love that!  My sister raises a LOT of money for Oxfam every year through her knitting, which is hugely popular.

 I am currently working on my PhD, a jacket and hat for granddaughter Poppy.  They might not fit for a while, but  I will be seeing Poppy next Friday and want to give it to her then.  I'll try and remember to take a photo of the finished work.

I made a wonderful cake the other day from this recipe.  Give it a go, it's yummy.  I didn't have any lemons so I left them out, and I added some chopped apples and cinnamon and ginger, and I used Stork margarine instead of butter, and it was still gorgeous, this is my current favourite recipe.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jayne! I've just linked over from Attic24 - love your blog! I laughed out loud at the Phd...I know all of us crafters can relate.
Blessings!
Sarah from Virginia, USA

Anonymous said...

Lol! Love that! Thanks for the recipe, will check it out. xx

Pom Pom said...

Hi Jayne!
I'm not making cakes at the moment, but now I wish I were!
Yahoo for your PhD!
I can't wait to see your pictures.

Quinn said...

Jayne, if there was a PhD in knitting you could probably get tenure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...