Friday 28 January 2011

A sunny day


It's lovely and sunny here today, even if it is freezing cold!  I've got laundry blowing in the breeze, I wanted to show you a pic of my aprons on the washing line, but I'm having technical problems uploading pics!  Never mind.

I've done an online shop today, so no need to go out shopping, it will all come to me tomorrow morning.  Lovely thought.



Now that the chores are done, and I've eaten lunch, time for some knitting.

I really like the picture of the old fashioned wool shop on The Quiet Home today.  It reminded me of the wool shop that used to be just a few yards away from the house where I grew up.  There seemed to be one on every street corner in the sixties and seventies. How sad that many of them have disappeared.

It's been a busy old time at work this week, so I appreciate being able to pause today and take stock.

There have been certain things on my prayer list this week, especially a family member who was feeling a little under the weather, and I came across this phrase somewhere:  "God is magnetically drawn to my need".  How wonderful that He not only knows and cares about every little detail of my life, but that God actually has the power to change a situation when I bring it to Him in prayer. This thought has been such a consolation and a blessing to me.  He neither slumbers nor sleeps, and when He says "My peace I give to you", I fin that this is a real, solid peace that nothing and no-one can destroy.  The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, PEACE...etc.  He is altogether lovely.

Enjoy your day my friend.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful thoughts once again Jayne.
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee...so lovely!
Thank you for the reminder!
Joanne

Fixing My Thoughts said...

Your day sounds lovely! I like the phrase you shared about God being magnetically drawn to our needs. I also like the photos of the yarn shop and your nice lunch! I miss the nice yarn shops there used to be here, too. We also had a shop here for nothing but cross-stitch embroidery at one time. Ah well. Enjoy your weekend! Bess

Pom Pom said...

Oh, Brambly Hedge! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

A lovely quote, and so comforting to know that the Lord cares about us so fully.

Your lunch picture has made me hungry. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...