Monday 3 January 2011

My little review of 2010

I've noticed that some fellow bloggers have written a review of 2010.  For an excellent one, see Lucy's wonderful review here.  So I have decided to do a little one of my own over the next few days. 

The first thing that stands out for me is my big crochet project of the year, which was a blanket I made for youngest son, as he was going to university in the Frozon North.


I started off by crocheting a few little squares, using Lucy's blog as my teacher and guide.  Before I knew it I had a whole blanket.



This is the best picture of it I could find, you can't really tell from the pic, but it's plenty big enough to cover my son's bed, and it makes his student room look colourful, cosy, homely and hopefully warm.

I used 100% pure merino yarn, one that is still spun in Yorkshire and sold in the Midlands.  Not a terribly expensive yarn, but I bought it bit by bit and never really did the maths (maybe best not to!)

In June, when the blanket was about halfway through, I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Lucy from Attic 24, as we had a family holiday in her very pretty hometown in Yorkshire.  I took my blanket to her weekly knitting group, and I was able to spend a lovely time with Lucy and her darling little boy.

There were other smaller projects on the go, but I have no pictures of those.

If I did make any New Years' resolutions, one would definitely be to do more crochet and knitting.

Currently on my needles are a beanie hat for eldest son and an arm cap for the little sofa in my study.  I knitted the first arm-cap a little while before Christmas, but haven't completed the second one yet.  It's a bit like "the curse of the second sock!"  Knitting the first one is always fun, the second one becomes mildly tedious.

Sometime later this week I will share a little review of my reading for 2010.

Hope your day is good.

3 comments:

melanie said...

Hiya Jayne, lovely to meet you, thank you for your lovely comment :) I love your crochet blanket, it is gorgeous!! I will add you to my blog roll so that I can keep popping by to see you :) Happy New Year xxx

Jayne said...

Thank you Melanie, i haven't got the hang of the blogroll yet, but when I do, you will be added! Happy New Year x

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is fab, I remember you telling me about it in my comments section and I thought how wonderful it was that something so comforting was going off to college with your son. :) I know exactly what you mean about completing things in pairs...I'm the same. In fact, I struggle to make blankets because of all the squares required! I love your colour choices too, you must be so pleased with how it turned out. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...